Functional First Floor Remodel
Pittsburgh, PAthe details:
Our clients came to Marvista Design + Build after moving from Cleveland to Pittsburgh for a kitchen remodel. With two small children who are very hands on and like to help, it was difficult for them to do so in such a small and tight space.
Understanding the clients struggles with the existing kitchen Marvista Design + Build discussed opening up the entire first floor. Exploring this design would move the kitchen into the existing family room. Creating an open floor plan and a larger kitchen for family to gather and cook together.
Being able to interact with the children while preparing daily meals and household chores was an added bonus to the new design.
Expanding from a kitchen remodel now included a new kitchen, pantry, family room, dining room, powder room, full bath, and lastly a mud room.Features & Challenges of the Project:
- The existing family room had exposed brick that had been painted white. A matching brick clay tile was used as the kitchen backsplash to continue the look through the new kitchen.
- Removing two walls in between the existing kitchen to gain more space.
- Shifting the kitchen to the existing family room design had to be well thought out in order to run plumbing efficiently.
- Dura Supreme Cabinetry
- Cabinet finish colors and stains: Silver Mist on perimeter, lockers, and window seat. Parline on buffet and hood. Denim used for the island.
- Matt Black Faucet
- Stainless Steel Sink w/ workstation accessories
- Quartz countertops
- New lighting throughout the entire space
- Matt Black and Chrome cabinet pulls