Marvista Design + Build Home Additions for Pittsburgh, PA
Do you want your house to be your “forever home? What’s stopping you from making that happen? Space? In today’s environment families are staying together longer and multiple generations can be living under one roof. In addition to these lifestyle issues sometimes you simply outgrow your space. A home addition is a perfect solution!
Benefits of Home Additions in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh’s distinct architecture is our legacy in this part of the country. A home addition can be a great investment because:
- Increased square footage can mean an increased property value
- You can achieve more living space without the hassle of moving/relocating
- You get to stay in the community/neighborhood you love
- Unique, historical architectural features can be retained and incorporated into new the addition
Types of Home Additions
You may be thinking in terms of limitations. Don’t. You have more options than you realize. Some people reject their own ideas as too outlandish or expensive too soon.
When you share your ideas with your Marvista Design + Build team, we’ll take the possibilities to reality.
Some home additions include:
- Bathroom – If the toilet is the first thing you see when you open a bathroom door, you’ll benefit from a bathroom upgrade, expansion, or addition. A bathroom addition will be the home improvement that pays off most in terms of lifestyle and property value.
- Kitchen – Kitchen remodeling projects and additions generate as much as 93% return on investment. You can expand storage to include a walk-in pantry or add a much-needed breakfast nook. You can’t go wrong when you invest in a Pittsburgh kitchen addition with Marvista Design + Build.
- Master suite – Add the master suite you’ve always dreamed of, with walk-in closets and a spa-luxury master bath! It’s doable and a sound investment.
- Second story – A second story can keep your family together but offer enough space and privacy to provide separate lifestyles. This is a major construction renovation, so you’ll need to ensure your investment will pay off in terms of value and price. Marvista Design + Build will help with the math.
- Guest bedroom – Adding a bedroom to your Pittsburgh property is a great way to enhance living space. Partner with your Marvista Design + Build team to make it happen!
- Garage apartment – These home additions are trending in popularity because they offer the best of all worlds. Your garage apartment gives respectful privacy while maintaining close connections with family members. This separate space can help keep the family together!
- Grandparent house – They are called “pods,” “flats,” “man caves,” or “she sheds.” They are often miniature versions of your own Pittsburgh home’s architecture in another structure and are perfect for aging parents, college kids, home office space, or private retreats.
- Basement – Adding space to a basement isn’t always possible, but redefining its purpose is a great way to improve your home’s value. Update flooring; add walls, plumbing, and outlets; consider a separate living area, guest quarters, or game room.
- Mudroom – “Mudroom” is just a word for that space in which you dump snowshoes, wet umbrellas, schoolbooks, car keys, dog leashes, you name it. It can also be a laundry room. Whatever you call it, this home addition adds valuable space and visual appeal to your property.
- Dormer – You can add valuable space to your attic with a dormer. Dormers make your home look larger and add light and warmth.
The Marvista Design + Build Difference
Our goal is to provide you with a full service client experience that exceeds your expectations!
As a team we collaborate with you! Because our innovative designers, detail oriented project managers and fine precision carpenters are all within our Marvista design build team, we manage all the details!
Nowhere else in Pittsburgh will you find a full service design studio, finish library and truism lighting. You have the opportunity to experience your design options!
Make an appointment to come into our design studio and see for yourself!
Why Marvista Design + Build?
Marvista Design + Build offers our clients a unique experience. Our showroom is one of a kind and our talented team is like no other.
Have you seen truism lighting before? If you haven’t been to our showroom, you most likely haven’t seen it. Color can be tricky. We dial up our lights to the color and temperature in your home which allows you to see your selections in a more realistic environment. We also have a curated selection of the latest trending samples and quality cabinet displays and features.
Our design team listens and creates, our project manager guides, and our carpenters deliver! Our office staff keeps things organized and our client management process keeps you informed, on task and well advised! We offer a full service client experience.
Be sure to request a virtual consultation or an in person, socially distant showroom visit. Call (412) 652-9027 or contact Marvista Design + Build today.
Be sure to request a virtual consultation to learn more. Call (412) 652-9027 or contact Marvista Design + Build today.