Traditional Kitchen Renovation & Design in Pittsburgh
Do you love the inviting look of a traditional home interior? As one of the most popular styles for home renovations, traditional design doesn’t submit to short-term trends. Instead, it’s classically beautiful, featuring timeless characteristics that remain fashionable for years to come.
If you’re interested in designing a traditional kitchen, team up with Marvista Design + Build. Our designers, project managers, and other team members have decades of combined experience bringing our clients’ visions to life. Whether you already know exactly what you want or aren’t sure where to begin, we’ve got you covered!
Call (412) 652-9027 or contact us online today to start designing the traditional kitchen of your dreams.
What Defines a Traditional Kitchen?
In a nutshell, traditional kitchens are warm and welcoming. They focus on functionality while leaving room for decoration and your personal flare. Here are some features you might find in a traditional kitchen:
- Natural materials: Stained or painted wood cabinets are the norm. Stone countertops such as granite, marble, and quartz are also common, especially if the slabs have prominent veining or speckling.
- Decorative detailing: While modern kitchens aim for sleek lines, traditional kitchen design celebrates embellishments. Islands and cabinets are often adorned with wainscoting, corbels, and furniture-like ornamentation, while countertops may feature decorative edges. Other detailing may include arched doorways, exposed beams, and ornate crown molding.
- Traditional cabinet elements: Raised or recessed cabinet doors and drawer fronts with elaborate profiles are a hallmark of traditional kitchens. The cabinets may be crisply finished or distressed to add a more relaxed appearance. Cabinet hardware should match the finish and style of the plumbing fixtures in the room.
- Neutral color scheme: You don’t typically find bold colors in a traditional kitchen apart from small accents. The dominant colors tend to be white, gray, brown, or tan. Kitchens inspired by old-world designs may have more orange and terracotta throughout.
- Ornamental light fixtures: Hanging decorative pendant lights or a chandelier over the island is common in traditional kitchens. Even so, more conservative recessed lighting is another popular option.
- Wood or tile flooring: The kitchen floor ties it all together. One choice is to install contrasting floor and cabinet materials to create a distinct difference between the two. However, in smaller kitchens, nearly matching floors and cabinets can help the room look larger. Popular flooring materials for traditional kitchens include hardwood, laminate planks, and tile.
Our Traditional Kitchen Design Service
At Marvista, we follow a proven design/build process to ensure your new kitchen comes to life quickly, smoothly, and beyond your expectations. We pride ourselves in personalizing your space to include any element you want, even if it draws from transitional or contemporary kitchen designs. After all, we may offer our expert design advice, but the decision ultimately rests with you.
Our traditional kitchen design and remodeling process guarantees:
- Our undivided attention to your project
- Access to a local, full-service design studio
- Unique, sophisticated design ideas
- Quality products
- Superior work quality
Begin Your Traditional Kitchen Renovation in Pittsburgh, PA
Remodeling your kitchen is proven to increase your quality of life and boost home value. Our team promises to make your project as effortless and stress-free as possible by following our tried-and-true design/build process.
Once your kitchen looks and functions the way you’ve always dreamed, you’ll be eager to invite friends and family over. There’s no better way to make lasting memories than hosting dinner parties and celebrations in your beautiful, traditional kitchen.
Contact Marvista Design + Build at (412) 652-9027 to start your kitchen renovation. We proudly serve homeowners in Pittsburgh, Squirrel Hill, and the surrounding areas.