Contemporary Bathroom Renovations in Pittsburgh
Bathrooms are among the most commonly renovated rooms, and with good reason. After all, the bathroom is where you start and end your day. The features here can either pamper you or leave you frustrated.
If you’re ready to get the most out of your bathroom, consider a contemporary bathroom renovation with Marvista Design + Build. We’re the home remodeling solution for busy people. We have decades of combined experience helping homeowners in Pittsburgh, Squirrel Hill, Shadyside, Point Breeze, and Mt. Lebanon bring their ideal bathroom designs to life.
Already know what you want? Not sure where to begin? Either way, we’ve got you covered!
What Defines a Contemporary Bathroom?
While traditional spaces focus on ornamental details, contemporary design favors simple lines, minimalist features, and modern materials. Contemporary interiors are suited for 21st-century living, boasting modern amenities that make the space practical yet spa-like.
Unlike modern styling, which references the design movement spanning the 1930s to the 1950s, contemporary style is ever-evolving. Because it celebrates whatever’s up and coming, the features that appear contemporary today may look drastically different 50 years from now.
Features of a Contemporary Bathroom
Contemporary interiors are original and distinctive. They often mix natural materials like stone and wood with synthetics like metal and glass. Color schemes may be neutral or incorporate bold accent colors. Strategic uses of space and light make contemporary bathrooms as beautiful as they are functional.
Here are some features you may want to include in your renovation:
- Contemporary bathroom cabinets & vanities: Wall-mounted “floating” vanities, undermount sinks, vessel sinks, and countertops made of marble, quartz, and solid surface are commonly found in contemporary bathrooms. Wood cabinets are typically painted or have straight grain patterns, with minimal or no hardware.
- Contemporary tubs & showers: Clean-lined, free-standing tubs and walk-in showers with frameless glass doors are popular. For increased privacy, shower doors may have custom textured or frosted glass.
- Contemporary toilets: In addition to a streamlined profile and optional wall-mounted installation, contemporary toilets often boast extra comfort and efficiency features. A heated seat, air dryer, night light, automatic lid, water-saving flush, and self-cleaning features define today’s high-tech toilets.
- Contemporary lighting & plumbing fixtures: Streamlined sconces, flush-mount light fixtures, and accent cove lighting are sleek, stylish options. Contemporary bathrooms also feature windows and skylights when possible to bring in natural light that’s so often missing.
The Contemporary Bathroom Renovation Process
Whether you plan to upgrade the aesthetics of your bathroom with new fixtures and finishes, or you want to redo the entire layout, the design-build process begins with your ideas and desires. Our job is to determine your needs and create a design that suits your budget and space requirements. We’ll offer our expert design advice along the way, but every decision ultimately rests with you.
Our contemporary bathroom renovation process guarantees:
- Our complete and undivided attention to detail
- Access to a local, full-service design studio
- Unique, sophisticated design advice
- Quality products from top manufacturers
- Superior installation services
Contact Marvista for Contemporary Bathroom Renovations in Pittsburgh, PA
Redoing your bathroom in a contemporary design is sure to improve your quality of life and increase home value. The Marvista Design + Build team promises to make your project as smooth and effortless as possible. Trust us to transform your existing bathroom into the spa-like oasis you’ve always dreamed of while enjoying a pleasant experience every step of the way.