Marvista Design + Build Kitchen Remodeling for Pittsburgh, PA
No room in your house gets greater attention or sees more activity than the kitchen. It makes sense that this room should offer convenient, easy-to-use space and a pleasing appearance. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your space with a modern kitchen design or prefer a more traditional style, kitchen remodeling is a great investment. Remodeling magazine says kitchen remodeling typically sees a return on your investment of more than 50%.
What To Consider When Remodeling Your Kitchen
Your kitchen is the most-used room in your house and is also the most complex. You have many small and large appliances, some of which require specialized plumbing and fuel. You need adequate storage and counter space, enough room to work efficiently, and accommodating dining areas.
Your kitchen should be practical: A pleasing space in which to work, relax, and dine. And it should be attractive, too. Some considerations before you begin:
- A place for everything and everything in its place. Make a list of the cookware you use ― mixers, electric skillets, dishes, cutting boards ― then consider the most convenient way they could be stored. Specialty cabinets? We can do that!
- Commit to a schedule. Your Marvista Design + Build team will explain the phases of your kitchen renovation.
- Don't make assumptions. Your "new" sink, refrigerator, microwave, and stove don't have to be in the same places. Start with the assumption that your ideas have unlimited freedom and work from there.
- Don't pinch pennies on choosing kitchen cabinets. This is where "you get what you pay for" is most meaningful. Marvista Design + Build is known for some of the finest cabinetry in Pittsburgh.
- Flooring should be a lifestyle choice. If you're a messy cook, you have messy eaters, or your kitchen gets a lot of foot traffic, easy cleaning should be the priority for your flooring. If you spend many hours on your feet in the kitchen, you might prefer softer wood floors over ceramic tiles.
- Lighting is critical. Kitchens require workspace and task lighting as well as ambient lighting. Where they are installed is of vital importance.
- Think about headroom. All that space overhead shouldn't go to waste. Use it as a design focal point or as storage for once-a-year items … but either way, use it.
- Why are you remodeling? Remodeling a kitchen for some vague, future re-sale is unfair to you. And personalizing a kitchen you don't intend to use makes no sense.
- Work with what you've got. Unless you plan to enlarge the kitchen, you must work with space as is. For example, an island needs at least 3-foot clearance all around. And you want at least one side to have electrical outlets.
How It Works: The Kitchen Remodeling Process
The design-build process begins with you: your ideas and desires. We will partner with you to determine what you need, what you want, and what meets your budget and space requirements.
To determine the design and layout, we ask:
- How and how often do you currently use your kitchen?
- If you could have anything at all in your kitchen, what would it be?
- What do you need that you don't have, and what do you have that you don't need?
We then create design boards, which make your concept visual. You can see your ideas on paper: floor plan, finishes, textures, and scale.
Next, it's time to add dimension: a third dimension! We develop 3D renderings of your home so you can understand how you'll move through your redesigned space. Our rendering adds depth to your floor plan and makes the concept more palpable. (What you see is what you get.)
You will choose materials that complement your whole-house design. Cabinets, counters, sinks, faucets … everything should meet your needs for attractive function and affordability.
The demolition phase is possibly the most dramatic, save for the final reveal. We take down old walls, add new cabinets, haul away old appliances, and install new fixtures.
The final project phase is the "build-out." Your ideas come together with our refinements. Beautiful, strong cabinets, fabulous countertops, the flooring you always wanted: You now have the perfect kitchen. Your kitchen.
Why Choose Marvista Design + Build?
A kitchen remodeling project requires many choices. You shouldn't have to manage disconnects between plumbers, electricians, window installers, or floor specialists. That's why Marvista Design + Build is the preferred choice for kitchen renovations.
We're your one-stop shop for start-to-finish kitchen remodeling.
Our Service Area
We proudly serve the following Pittsburgh neighborhoods:
We also serve the cities surrounding Pittsburgh, including:
If you live in our service area and are interested in our kitchen remodeling services, schedule a consultation with our in-house designer today.