If your home has good bones, but an outdated look or layout, then it may be time to think about remodeling it. Whole-home remodeling transforms the entire home into something new, making sure each room flows seamlessly with the next and the home’s function better fits your needs. Marvista Design + Build provides whole-home remodeling services.
To learn more about whole-home remodeling, call Marvista at (412) 785-3324 or contact us online for a design consultation.
What to Expect During the Whole-Home Remodeling Process
Tackling a whole-home remodel is daunting. Knowing what to expect for the process can help take some of the stress off your shoulders. If you choose Marvista, here is what you can expect from the process:
- Initial Consultation – Whole-house remodels start with the design consultation just like all remodeling projects at Marvista. We come to your home to see it, take measurements, and determine your vision for the space. We will collect your wish list so the finished project meets your design ideals.
- Design Process – Next, we will create a design. The design comes with a style board, 3D renderings of your home, floor plan, and elevations.
- Finalizing the Design – After presentation and tweaking of the designs, you will finalize the design so we can move forward. At this point we will present your budget and timeline as well.
- Planning and Permits – After final design approval, we begin planning for your project. This includes enlisting the help of any outside contractors and applying for necessary building permits. Then, the work begins.
- Final Walk-Through and Inspection – The process ends with a walk-through and inspection, ensuring your newly remodeled home exceeds your expectations.
To get started, start a conversation with our Pittsburgh design and build team.
Whole-House Remodel FAQs
How much does it cost to remodel an entire house?
The cost for a whole-house remodel will vary depending on the size of the home and the types of finishes chosen. This can be between $20,000 and well over $200,000.
Can you stay in your home during a home remodel?
It is possible to live in a home during a home remodel. This is typically handled on a case-by-case basis and will depend on how extensive the home remodel is, including whether or not the home is safe to live in during that time.
How do I remodel my whole house?
Working with a design and build company that can design the remodel and then build your new home is the best way to remodel an entire home. This ensures you think about all aspects of the home, including how each space will flow and connect.
Can you renovate a house for $50k?
It is possible to renovate a house for $50k, but the total cost will depend on the cost of the finishes and the size of the home.
Where do I start when renovating a house?
The first step is designing the renovation with the help of a home remodel design contractor.
Is it worth it to renovate my house?
If you love your neighborhood and location, but need something different from your home, renovating can be far less stressful than moving.
Why Choose Marvista Design + Build?
If you are tackling a whole-house remodel in Pittsburgh, you want to know that the team you are working with has the right abilities and experience. We are a design-build team, which means our process includes all of the steps you need to complete the process. We also keep you in the center of it all, which ensures the best possible outcome. Our approach is different, so your results are extraordinary.
Schedule a design consultation with the Marvista Design + Build team today, and start building the home of your dreams.